Resident Information and Resources


PRIDE System If you need to reach a County Department with a comment, complaint, request or issue use the PRIDE system. You can input your info and track the response and progress right online.

Citizen Dispute Mediation Program Free service to help residents resolve legal issues with the assistance of a Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediator. Mediation may help avoid unnecessary expenses and legal interactions. Issue types include: neighborhood disputes, animal nuisance, landlord / tenant disputes, business and consumer complaints, HOA concerns, code enforcement, outstanding debt, and wage issues. All mediators are volunteers, and there is no fee for the service.

Telephone Directories

St. Johns County Citizen's Phone Guide
Numbers for everything from Abandoned Vehicles to Zoning. County Phone Numbers (PDF)

General Information

Affordable Housing
St. Johns County can help you realize your dream of owning your own home. Find out more about our Affordable Housing Programs.

All dogs and cats 4 months and older are required to be inoculated for rabies by a licensed veterinarian. A leash law for dogs and cats is enforced. To report unleashed or stray pets, contact SJC Animal Control, (904) 209-0746. Please Note: Any agricultural issues (e.g. chickens, horses, cattle) should be directed to the Agricultural Deputy of the SJC Sheriff's Office.

The SJC Beaches section has information about beach passes, beach rules, a Beach Access list, and the Sea Turtle Protection Program. Florida's Historic Coast has an amenities listing of federal, state and local parks and beaches.

Boat Ramps
Fresh and salt water boat ramps list complete with GPS coordinates.

Building Permits
Construction of most structures in the County will require a building permit. To check Clearance Review status (in many cases required prior to permitting) and Permit Status visit the Building Permit Status Page.

Certificates. Where do I get a.... ?
Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce Certificates can all be obtained through the Florida Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics.

Code Enforcement
The SJC Guide to Code Enforcement and their contact number.

Council on Aging, Inc.
Council on Aging has information on outreach services which enable elder residents to live independently and with dignity while remaining contributing members of our community.

Disaster Planning / Hurricane Preparedness

Driver License
If you are a new Florida resident, you have 30 days to change your license. The SJC Tax Collector's Office is a full-service driver license agent.

Educational Resources
Get information about St. Johns County School District. For technical and higher education, visit the Education Resources page.

Emergency Management
The Department of Emergency Management is responsible for the Disaster Preparedness of our County and the Evacuation Assistance Program for our citizens who need assistance in the event of an evacuation.

Emergency Services
SJC utilizes a 911 computerized emergency call system. Dial 911 for fire, rescue and police aid. You will be connected with an ES operator and the computer will automatically track the exact location of your call.

Fishing and Hunting
With some exemptions, licenses are required and available from the Tax Collectors Office, (904) 209-2250. Proper identification is required. For complete information about hunting and fishing regulations, see the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, 1-850-488-4676.

Florida State Government State Government information and e-services portal.

Garbage / Recycling
Residential Garbage and Recycling Guide. Need to dispose of trash not covered by normal garbage collection? Visit Solid Waste or call (904) 824-9720, for more information on special trash collection days and sites.

Report illegal dumping to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.

Health Clinics
The Health Department offers publicly funded medical assistance including free immunizations for children and dental care for low income families. Flagler Hospital is the area's hospital, 400 Health Park Blvd (on US1), St. Augustine, (904) 819-5155.

Homestead Exemption
Florida homeowners are entitled to a tax exemption if they own and occupy their homes as of Dec. 31 of the prior year. Applications are due March 1st of the first assessment roll year for which the exemption is sought. Exemptions are automatically renewed unless the owner no longer qualifies. For more information, contact the Property Appraiser's office.

Hurricane Preparedness / Disaster Planning

Need to dispose of solid waste not covered by your normal garbage collection? Visit Solid Waste or call (904) 824-9720, for more information on special trash collection days and sites.

The St. Johns County Public Library System provides programs and services to all SJC citizens at its branches and via the internet.

Marriage Licenses
Marriage licenses may be obtained through the Clerk of Court's Office in the St. Johns County Judicial Center, 4010 Lewis Speedway, (904) 819-3600.

Mosquito Control
For local contacts and fogging information line, visit Mosquito Control.

Neighborhood Bill of Rights
To learn about the rights Neighborhood Associations have in regard to St. Johns County Government and land development, visit the Neighborhood Bill of Rights webpage.

Parks and Beaches
SJC Parks Department facilities list provides good information about County owned / maintained parks. Florida's Historic Coast covers federal, state and local parks and beaches.

Passports may be obtained through the Clerk of Court's Office.

Recycling / Garbage
Residential Garbage and Recycling Guide. For more information about Collection and recycling, contact the SJC Solid Waste Department, (904) 824-9720.

Relocation Guide
New Resident Relocation Package is available through the Chamber of Commerce.

Sunshine Bus Company
The Sunshine Bus Company provides low cost reliable transportation for riders of all ages.

There is no personal income tax in the state of Florida. Property tax information can be found through the SJC Tax Collector and the SJC Property Appraiser offices. Local Business Taxes are required from most businesses, professionals and enterprises. There is a state sales tax. Municipalities may also levy taxes.

Traffic Infractions
Information about County traffic citations and also an online payment system can be found at the Clerk of Court's website.  For local municipality citations, contact the local City Hall.

Water and Sewer
Many areas of the county are serviced by the St. Johns County Utility Department. For more information about who services your area, contact the Utility Department, (904) 209-2700 or toll free, 1-877-837-2311.

Weather Tracking
NOAA National Weather Service provides weather forecasts and comprehensive hurricane information.

Where do I get a.... Certificate?
Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce Certificates can all be obtained through the Florida Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics.

Vehicle Registration
For information see the SJC Tax Collector's Tags & Titles page.

Veterans Services
The Veterans Service Office, (904) 209-6160; assists veterans and dependents in applying for benefits and privileges to which they are entitled. This includes preparation of formal claims and appeals relating to compensation, education, loan guaranty for homes, special adapted housing, pension, medical care, insurance, burial benefits and related matters.

Residents, 18 or older, may register to vote in local, state and national elections. Registration requirements and voting information can be found on the Supervisor of Elections website.

This list is provided as a courtesy to St. Johns County residents. All care has been taken to insure that the information provided answers commonly asked questions and is accurate. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of area services.